To live a full and complete life, besides building a home and raising a child, every human being needs to do one other thing – write a book. — Aristotle
Good writing has rhythm. It is hard to walk away from. It makes you hunger for more and gets people thinking and talking. Isn’t that what every writer wants for their book?
Writers are often so close to their subject that they miss important gaps in their story. It is my job as your writing coach to find those gaps, ask you questions to clearly surmise what you mean to say, and then help you say it fully and concisely so it’s easy to understand and your reader gets the full meaning of your intent.
I’ll help you to:
- Clarify their writing voice
- Add rhythm to their structure
- Help them create interesting and substantive copy
- Make their work more engaging and understandable for the reader
- Help you get published
If you would like to record your life story and then put it into book form,
I will interview you and then work with you on the editing.
Expect full service.
- As your writing coach, I spur you on when you get discouraged. I brainstorm ideas with you and help you see how to make your writing work.
- As your substantive editor, I read your copy with a beginner’s mind, through the eyes of your audience making sure what you write is both interesting and well written. I will also make sure your writing is expressed clearly and succinctly.
- If your aim is to publish, I can help you decide between self-publishing and using a professional agent to secure a publisher. There are pros and cons to each and it’s important to determine which is a better investment of your time and money.
Whether you’re just getting started writing a book or publishing an article, or in the middle of a project, I will custom design a working relationship with you and offer a variety of approaches and plans to choose from.
Words are my passion. I pass this passion along to you to make your writing experience enjoyable and rewarding. I can help you make your words sing!
My first consultation and evaluation as your writing coach and for all your writing needs is complimentary. To be absolutely sure I can successfully serve you, I conduct an in-depth assessment of what you want to achieve. Once I am certain I can help you with your project, I will give you an estimate of what you can expect to pay for my services.
Take advantage of this initial, no-cost consultation either in person on Maui or by phone. I could be just what you are looking for.
Working with Jasmyne on our book, The Power of the Living Letters, has created new learning and a deep joy. She is able to bring ideas to clarity and understanding.
She has given me license to express my thoughts so that I experience my work as unique and valuable to others. Jasmyne has supported me to become both a more devout writer and confident in my knowledge of my subject.
—Judith Orloff, M.Ed.. Author
It’s all her fault! I’m absolutely addicted to writing.
Jasmyne’s model not only proved to be the outlet which brought out my authentic voice, it also taught me the technical aspects of writing memoir. Through verbal critiques, class handouts and group support – a classic combination – she enriches ones work feeding the writer with proper nourishment for growth. I’ve watched myself and other’s flourish in her special environment that has kept me motivated, inspired, accountable and connected to other’s who share the passion. Thank you Jasmyne for your expertise and caring style!
—Shannon Nicole, Author
Writing poses two challenges—what to say and how to say it. Jasmyne Boswell was invaluable in editing my book. She brought a rhythm and cohesion to my writing and ultimately made it more understandable.
—Jeffrey Price, Author